Parasites are practically everywhere your pet goes — in your home, in your yard, just about everywhere. They’re creepy, they’re crawly and they pose a threat to your pet’s health. That’s why you need to take action to make sure your pet is protected.
Fleas are among the most common health problem of dogs and cats. In the long run, it is much easier and more cost-effective to prevent fleas on your pets than to have to treat a major infestation of fleas in your house. Regular use of flea products will take care of the occasional flea and/or tick your pets may encounter in the yard and should prevent you from having to spend large sums of money on foggers and exterminators.
Dogs and cats are not just pets. They are treated like members of the family. And like any member of your family, it’s important to keep your companion animal healthy and free of parasites. Here at IVS we recommend the following products:
- Vectra- Dinotefuran and pyriproxyfen – applied monthly to controls adult fleas, eggs, larvae, and pupae. http://vectrapet.com
- Vectra 3D – Dinotefuran, pyriproxyfen, and permethrin – controls adult fleas, eggs, larvae, and pupae as well as ticks, mosquitoes, sand flies and suckling lice. http://vectrapet.com/
- Revolution – selamectin – controls adult fleas, eggs, ear mites, sarcoptic mange, heartworm, and dermacentor ticks (american dog tick) http://www.revolutionpet.com/revolutionpet.aspx
- Comfortis ( spinosad) – kills adult fleas for one month http://www.comfortis4dogs.com
- Trifexis (spinosad and milbemycin oxime) – kills adult fleas, heartworm, and intestinal worms: roundworms, hookworms, whipworms. http://www.trifexis.com
- Heartgard (ivermectin/pyrantel) – heartworm, intestinal worms: roundworms and hookworms www.heartgard.com